The purpose of the Expediter is to maintain a smooth and efficient flow of projects and parts through the department to meet customer needs and deadlines. This will allow us to increase department work flow efficiencies through resource focusing (properly allocated manpower).
General Duties and Responsibilities
- This is an hourly, full-time position based upon a 40-hour work week.
- The schedule is to be mutually agreed upon with the Department Manager and notified to the HR office.
- Travel to customer locations may occasionally be required.
- This position reports to the Department Manager responsible.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with Purchase Order compliance.
- Verify due dates of data and parts with customer.
- Work with Quality and Finance to get PO’s accepted.
- Notify Customer of PO acceptance.
- Scheduling work for the Layout Department.
- Determine length of time for project work.
- Assign dates to project timeline.
- Coordinate with customer for delivery of project requirements.
- Maintain schedule accuracy on a continual basis
- Receiving parts for Layout Department.
- Verify part number (PN) for accuracy, quantity, and inventory.
- Ensure that the serial numbers (SN’s) match the customer’s packlist
- Scan and file customer’s packlist for record keeping.
- Enter the packlist information into E2 under assigned job number (JN).
- Prepare label from E2 under assigned JN to affix to Layout Department job package.
- Prepare traveler of SN’s to travel with package.
- Inform Project Coordinator of the receipt of parts.
- Once parts are placed in the production queue place them in the appropriate staging area in layout.
- Managing Workflow
- Assure staging areas are accurate as per the assigned job router and production schedule.
- Assisting inspectors, programmers, and operators in moving parts/projects to the next stage in the work flow.
- Maintain project shelf storage in a neat and orderly manner.
- Ensure paperwork is flowing to the quality verification when a project is completed.
- Ensure that the Layout Department floor stays in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Shipments for returning of layout/finishing parts.
- Coordinate the return shipment with the customer and determine their preferred shipping method/courier.
- Generate packlists in E2.
- Print a copy of the packlist for shipment, and file digitally for record keeping.
- Package the parts as they came (or better).
- Create shipping label in courier’s website.
- Place shipment in assigned areas for pick-up.
- Inform Project Coordinator the shipment of parts.
- Keep accurate records of all inventory in E2 and respective spreadsheets.
- Creating Packing Lists in support of invoicing of completed work.
- As directed by the Department Manager, coordinate with various departments, managers, and employees for the completion of assigned tasks.
- Under the direction of the Department Manager, ensure project deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support as needed to the Department Manager.
- Know and understand the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Conform to the J & L Quality Manual and the J & L Employee Handbook as documented.
- Report on applicable job-related metrics back to Department Manager.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Conduct regular and appropriate activities under the direction of the Department Manager to maintain processes, operations, education and documentation of company needs.
- Assist the Department Manager where necessary.
- Basic Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Insurance – Company Funded
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Employee Funded
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays – after introductory period
- Paid Vacation – after 1 year of service
Salary: $14.00 starting, $15.00 after a successful 90 day training period.