A Layout 3DD Technician is an entry level position. The responsibilities are to work directly with the designated managers to perform specific duties and responsibilities as listed below:
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Conform to the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Comply with the J & L Quality System and the J & L Employee Handbook, as documented.
- Comply with the safety requirements on the equipment operation as documented in the J & L Quality System.
- Use gloves and safety equipment to minimize the potential to sustain minor cuts and abrasions from handling castings and operating equipment.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Sustain mental concentration.
- Be capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Work primarily independent along with working well with others by being a team player.
- Work in a sitting position approximately 60% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 40% of the time.
- Keep assigned areas clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as required
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive work instructions from the finishing department manager
- Follow procedures of the layout department
- Prepare, set-up, and operate job-assigned machinery
- Operate ATOS Scanner (Structured Light) Comparator, and Hand Tools.
- Properly conduct tests using quality control equipment.
- Read and understand work order instructions procedures on the router.
- Have a basic knowledge of computer application software.
- Accurately document reporting criteria and input data for record keeping.
- Prepare departmental forms to generate reports in compliance with specified requirements.
- Work quickly and maintain accuracy while under pressure to meet schedule deadlines.
EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED IN EXCEL & WORD AND AN APTITUDE FOR MATHEMATICS
- Basic Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Insurance – Company Funded
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Employee Funded
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays – after introductory period
- Paid Vacation – after 1 year of service
- Blue Print Reading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Basic Geometry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Basic Trig: 2 years (Preferred)
- Basic GD&T: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school (Required)
Location: La Porte, IN 46350 (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)