A Layout Inspector Level 1 is an entry level position. The responsibilities are to follow procedures of layout department and work directly with their designated trainer to perform specific duties and responsibilities as listed below:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conform to the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Comply with the J & L Quality System and the J & L Employee Handbook, as documented.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Read and understand customer-supplied work instructions (SOW).
- Read and understand written procedures.
- Work in a sitting position approximately 70% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 30% of the time.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of computer application software.
- Accurately document reporting criteria and input data for record keeping.
- Physically prepare and set up items to be inspected as defined by customer-supplied work instructions.
- Prepare itemized masters and departmental forms to generate reports in compliance with requirements.
- Use gloves and safety equipment to minimize the potential to sustain minor cuts and abrasions from handling castings and operating equipment.
- Have general knowledge of gauge and gauge calibration.
- Perform general periodic maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, and general mathematics.
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineering instructions.
- Perform sustained mental concentration.
- Be capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Work well with others, be a team member.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Basic Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Insurance – Company Funded
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Employee Funded
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays – after introductory period
- Paid Vacation – after 1 year of service
Salary: $13.85 /hour Starting, performance increase after a successful 90 day training period.